Friday, January 01, 2010

Pineapple Angel Pie

First I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

This dessert is one I would never eat, I really don't like pineapple or maybe it doesn't like me since I always get a very upset stomach when I eat it. I remember my grandmother making this for my aunt.

Pineapple Angel Pie

1 c chopped pineapple
1 c pineapple juice or water
1 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbs. cornstarch
2 tbs. sugar
1/2 c cold water
3 egg whites
1/2 pt whipping cream
Pecans and maraschino cherries

Combine pineapple, pineapple juice and sugar bring to boil add cornstarch which has been mixed with cold water and cook until clear, stirring constantly. Cool. Beat egg whites with salt and sugar until creamy. Fold into pineapple mixture. Pour into cooled baked pie shell. Cover with whipped cream. Use nuts and cherries as garnish.

No comments: