Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2008 Presidential election

I am already SO sick of hearing about the 2008 Presidential Election and the election isn't until November 4, 2008. It is just so much never ending rhetoric. In the past I've always considered myself a Democrat and for the most part I vote for Democratic candidates but in the upcoming election I have serious doubts that I could vote for the Democratic Presidential Candidate since it appears it will be either Barack Obama or Hilary Clinton -- in good conscience I could not vote for either of these people. And voting for them will keep the United States on exactly the same predictable course we are currently following. So I've made a choice and I am going to actually try to help this candidate get elected and my choice is RON PAUL. If you are interested in him and his opinions please check out Ron Paul 2008, Congressman Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

A Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against the Iraq war.
He voted against regulating the Internet.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

No comments: